Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016
POSITION: Student Internship, 10-12 hours per week, unpaid
REPORTS TO: Training Coordinator
The Student Intern assists the Training Coordinator with duties related to CASA Volunteer Initial Training scheduled from September 6 through October 20.
- Provide support to the Training Coordinator.
- Attend Volunteer Initial Training classes and assist speakers and adult students. Volunteer training includes the following topics:
- Dependency law, dependency court process, and attorneys;
- Children and Family Services, child abuse and neglect, foster care placements, and mandated reporting;
- Educational advocacy;
- Child and youth development;
- Family dynamics;
- Cultural differences;
- LGBTQ youth advocacy; and
- Writing court reports
- Assist with setting up and breaking down classes (move materials to/from training room, set up tables/chairs/equipment).
- Monitor student attendance.
- Monitor and report on student quiz completion and performance.
- Provide technical support to students submitting forms from a variety of workstations.
- Review and correct administrative forms submitted by students.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Third or fourth year college student (or graduate student) interested in a career in social work or law
- Ability to work in Concord on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. (BART accessible) and one Saturday (October 1)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with groups
- Basic experience with PC, Mac, Excel, Word, and fillable PDFs
- Criminal justice fingerprint clearance (Federal, State, CACI)
Click here to upload resume and cover letter.