Thursday, Mar 19, 2020
CASA of Contra Costa County Response to COVID-19
While CASA has suspended all in-person services, we continue to provide services to the foster children we serve.
- CASA volunteers are staying in touch with their foster youth through telephone, video, and texting.
- CASA volunteers have been given instruction about how to talk to foster youth about COVID-19 in a fact-based, developmentally appropriate, and anxiety-reducing way.
- CASA staff are providing support to our CASA volunteers through telephone and video conferences, including Case Review Meetings, Team Meetings, and CASA Chats.
- CASA staff are returning emails and phone calls. You may email any staff member as usual or call them at 925-256-7284. If you are unsure about who to contact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CASA is continuing to provide online CASA Volunteer Information Sessions for anyone who may be interested in becoming a CASA volunteer.
- The CASA Therapy Program continues to operate via teletherapy. If you are a licensed mental health professional who would like to volunteer for this program, please email email@example.com.
Thank you to all of our supporters who have continued to support CASA through this difficult time.