We're hiring an Administrative Assistant
CASA of Contra Costa County is hiring an Administrative Assistant to join our fun and diverse team driven by CASA's mission of helping children and youth living in foster care. If you have passion for children, are hard-working, dependable, dedicated and have strong interpersonal skills, CASA is a great place to work. The right candidate will be an integral part of the continued growth of our organization.
Administrative Assistant reports to Communications Director. This is a part-time, non-exempt position, 24 hours a week, $17 an hour. Ideally, this candidate would work Monday through Thursday from 10 - 4, but some flexibility may be available.
The CASA Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to CASA staff, but will report to Communications Director. Responsibilities require knowledge of office routines, operations and procedures, attention to detail, organizational skills and an eagerness to jump in and help staff to operate smoothly.
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for the office
- Greet visitors, and assist in locating person/information requested.
- Purchase and maintain office supplies
- Distribute mail and incoming fax
- Interface with building landlord on repairs, upgrades and other needs.
- Maintain and update office equipment (server, copier, phone system, postage meter)
- Schedule and coordinate equipment troubleshooting
- Manage CASA office space, including meeting, storage, supply, and break room
- Perform other duties as assigned
Volunteer Info Sessions and Training
- Receive, track and file confidential electronic documents
- Collect screening documents and schedule interviews with volunteer applicants
- Assist with volunteer Informational Session data entry, preparation, communicate with registrants and perform follow up as needed
- Assist with volunteer training preparation
- Disseminate court reports
- Data entry and reporting
- Donations data entry and reporting
- Manage donor data base and acknowledgements, and maintain the integrity of database
- Assist with development activities including fundraisers and mailings
- Organize and coordinate events (Volunteer Recognition event, mixers, etc.)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience. Nonprofit experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong prioritizing skills with ability to follow instructions and work independently or with minimal supervision
- High level of data entry accuracy and tenacious follow-up
- Proven organizational skills, accuracy, and ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious relationship with staff and program participants and contribute to the organizational culture of collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), database software, Google Sheets, and ability and willingness to learn new software as needed
- Respectful of all people regardless of socioeconomic background, culture, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or gender
- Criminal justice fingerprint (Federal, State, CACI) and consumer reporting service background clearance
- Valid driver’s license
- Commitment to the program's mission and goals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Submit cover letter and resume in PDF only to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2018.
No phone calls please!